Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions before ordering from us because, when you place any order with us, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree, then do not use this site.
So, since this is usually terribly boring stuff that most people don’t – but SHOULD – read, we have tried to make these “Terms & Conditions” simple, informative, non-draconian and entertaining…and, that is no easy task considering all the legalese in here. So, read carefully as you could miss something really important – which would be a bummer.
1) General Acceptance: By placing an order at 3D-Filaments.com, you warrant [that means “promise” to the rest of us] that: a) you are at least 18 years old or b) if not 18 years old, then you have your parents’ or legal guardian’s permission to buy from us; and, c) you accept these terms & conditions and understand that said terms and conditions apply to all orders placed by you, and anyone else ordering on your behalf, with 3D-Filaments. No changes to these terms & conditions shall be binding against 3D-Filaments unless agreed in writing and signed by 3D-Filaments.
2) Personal Information:Any personal information you provide will be used to ensure accurate and timely delivery, assist with credit assessments (where relevant), and provide discounts, special offers and our catalog to you. The information you provide is only available to 3D-Filaments and PayPal and will not be shared with any other third parties. You have the right to request 3D-Filaments to delete or correct the information held about you; and, upon request with 30 days written notice to 3D-Filaments before such inspection shall occur, you have the right to inspect the information held about you. All personal information you provide to us, or that we obtain during the processing of a transaction with you, will be handled by 3D-Filaments with diligence. 3D-Filaments shall not, however, be liable for damages relating to third-party theft or unauthorized use of your personal information. In the event that your personal information is stolen by a third party, 3D-Filaments – upon your written request – will provide your transaction history and account information to relevant and/or requested law enforcement agencies.
3) Force Majeure: Events outside 3D-Filaments.com’s control, which are not reasonably foreseeable, shall be considered force majeure and, in the event that such occurrence shall arise, 3D-Filaments is released from its’ obligations to fulfill contractual agreements. Example of such events are government action or omission, new or amended legislation, conflict, embargo, fire or flood, sabotage, accident, war, natural disasters, strikes or lack of delivery from suppliers (i.e. acts of God, Mother Nature, etc.). Force majeure also includes government regulation(s) which negatively affect the market and/or our (e.g. new EPA restrictions, regulations, warnings, bans, etc.)
4) Payment: No shipments shall be made until payment-in-full has been made by you, or your agent, and received by us. The applicable price for a given transaction is the price on the date on which the order is placed. If you are under 18 years old, then you must have your parents’ – or legal guardians’ – permission to buy from 3D-Filaments. All products remain 3D-Filaments property until full payment is received. Absent specific written purchase order(s) for installment agreement purchase(s) signed by 3D-Filaments, no shipment(s) shall be made until payment-in-full has been received by 3D-Filaments.
5) Shipping & Handling: We ship everywhere. Prices vary based on size and weight. Contact us for specifics. All costs of shipping and handling shall be borne by purchaser (i.e. YOU) and payment of all such shipping and handling fees shall be confirmed at the time of purchase. Unclaimed packages will incur a handling fee.
6) Risk of Loss: The risk of loss shifts to the buyer as soon as we deliver it to the carrier (e.g. USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) and, therefore, the buyer (i.e. YOU) bear the risk of loss during shipment and until receipt by you. In order to reduce the risk of loss, we will insure your shipment, at your expense, upon written request at the time of your purchase order/request.
7) Transfers: All transfers conducted through 3D-Filaments.com are handled and transacted through third party dedicated gateways to guarantee your protection. Card information is not stored and all card information is handled over SSL encryption. Please read the terms & conditions for the payment gateway chosen for the transaction as, ultimately, they are responsible for the transactions made.
8) Local Taxes: Please note that local charges (sales tax, customs duty, etc.) may occur, depending on your region and local customs duties. These charges are at your expense.
10) Additional Information: 3D-Filaments reserves the right to amend any information without prior notice. This Reservation of Rights, includes – but is not limited to – pricing information and product descriptions, actual prices, shipping and handling expenses, technical specifications, terms of purchase and other specialized product offerings. Once a product is listed as “sold-out” or otherwise goes “out of inventory” before such notice can be updated on our e-commerce website, 3D-Filaments has the right to cancel any pending orders for such product(s) and refund any amount(s) paid. Since 3D-Filaments is committed to excellent customer service, rest can assured that all refunds and exchanges will be handled in a professional and courteous manner and by way of the most efficient means possible. 3D-Filaments will notify the customer of equivalent replacement products if such products are available in our inventory.
11) Returns and Refunds: Our customers (i.e. YOU) are everything to us; so, just contact us if you have ANY questions or concerns about our products and/or your shipment. Consequently, the easiest way is to make a return, get a refund or effect an exchange of products, is to simply e-mail us and include a brief description of the facts of your issue and we will be on-the-case immediately. Please note that: i) you can return the product within 30 days of delivery so long as ii) the product is in new [i.e. NOT USED] condition. If a returned item was originally shipped internationally, clearly mark the package ‘RETURNED GOODS’ so as to avoid any Customs charges. Also, make sure to include contact information with the returned product(s) and, if possible, provide us with a receipt and a package ID (a.k.a. tracking number) from the delivery service, so we can track the return shipment if needed. 3D-Filaments will make a refund of eligible returns. If you paid by invoice, we will need a bank account number to refund your money. In sum, the easiest way to i) make a return, ii) get a refund or iii) effect an exchange is to e-mail us with a brief description of your case.
12) Returning A Package: 3D-Filaments is NOT responsible for any Customs charges on returned merchandise. Any charges incurred are the responsibility of the customer.
13) Exchanges: WE AIM TO PLEASE! So, if you want to switch to another size of the same product; then, YEP,you can do that. Also, if you just want to switch to another product of the same or lesser value; then, YEP, you can do that too! Just contact us and we will work to resolve the issue.
14) Transport Damage: If the product is lost or, if upon receiving the products(s), you notice that the item has been damaged during transport, immediately report this to us and we will discuss the best way to remedy the situation promptly and fairly.
15) Unclaimed Packages: For unclaimed packages (i.e. not claimed from the carrier within 14 days of delivery to you), 3D-Filaments reserves the right to charge you a handling fee to cover return shipping and handling expenses.
16) Mission Statement and Who We Are: Our Mission is to Satisfy Your 3D Printing Needs While Providing Stellar Customer Service and Complet, Accurate and Timely Delivery. In short, we DO what we Promise We Will Do; and that alone simply cannot be matched by the 3D-Print behemoths who have sprung take over this still fledgling industry. For our part, we are a small company that retains the personal touch you that seek and which, unfortunately, has become lost in today’s world of corporate mega-business. We appreciate YOU – our customers!